Tuesday 18 January 2011

Deep and weep

I played a proper live deepstack game at the weekend: 30k in chips with 4x60mins and then 30 min levels. All this for £25. Not too bad at all.

I was optimistic about my chances but I busted after about 5 hours. I was on the wrong end of a few coolers. My exit had me flopping a flush and he had a set. We got it in on the turn only for the river to pair. Earlier I had lost a fair chunk when I was the one who had the set and he made his flush. In another hand I turned a set but had to lay it down after a guy had raised-pre with J9 and then called a reraise and my magical set-making T on the turn filled his gutter-ball. Poker is a sick game.

It was fun though playing so deep and I wish I could have done a bit better.

Looking to the coming weeks – on Thursday I’ll be playing a €100 freezeout in Amsterdam. The following weekend I’ll be playing the APAT UK team championships in Bolton and then it is the turn of Star City for another team game. For both of which I’ll be representing the Gambling Network Forum. They should all be cracking fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment