Monday 28 February 2011

LOL Pub donkaments

There isn't a huge deal to report poker-wise from me - I'm probably just about break even this month. I've won my local pub game for the past two weeks and the top-heavy pay structure makes up for other losses. Yesterday there was approx £75 in the prizepool from a 27runner game and I got £40 for first. However I've been donking my money away in drunken cheapo cash games. I think I have a 'it is only a fiver, so let's ship it in' gambling mentality which I need to break free from.

I go to Tanzania on Thursday for 3 weeks so will be taking an enforced break. Having said that, a guy out there wants to learn how to play. He has railed me playing micro SnGs before where a win at that low level equates to about 3 weeks work. I will have a go at teaching him but I won't have the spare time to plough through hundreds or thousands of hands. For the final four days of my trip I'll be joined by Kieran who I know through poker - though he isn't much of a gambler which means it won't be a HU or prop-bet fest.

The break will do me some good I think - last year it was when I got back from Tanzania that I went on a crazy run. Fingers crossed the same happens this time as well!

And to go back to yesterday's game... I have never ever run so good. I only had two pocket pairs the entire game: 22 and 44, but time after time I got my chips in bad and came out ahead. On the final table I caught numerous 3-outters. Poker is so much easier when that kind of stuff happens.

This might be my last update in a while. I'm not sure whether to do Trip Reports In-Running when I'm away or do them on the Gambling Network Forums or not do them at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment