Friday 18 February 2011

Onlineaments

I've not had a proper session online this year but I think tonight will be the night. I'll likely play approx 20 MTTs on Boss ranging from the freerolls and €0.10+r up to the €20 deepstack. The ICOP game this evening is a €40+r which I am perhaps rolled for but would not feel comfortable playing if I am going to be 9-tabling.

I've recently joined FTP so I can check their Rush tournies. So far so bad. Ive played a dozen or so tournies without a cash. They are fun to get a poker fix but I doubt I'll play sufficient games to really get to grips with the strategy involved. I've run pretty bad in them - whenever I get a big hand someone either has a bigger one or they do me in with rubbish they should not be playing. I am at the $1 and $4 level and so the games are full of idiots which makes it harder to learn. At least in a non-rush format I can beat those stakes so I'll likely stick to what I know best.

My live game has not been great of late. I did however ship a stud tourney last week - the first time I've played stud outside a HORSE environment. I haven't won or even cashed in Gala in my last half dozen visits. I'll be spending March in Africa though so will be having an enforced break which should do me some good. Having said that, someone out there wants me to teach him how to play the game - I think that will be a difficult challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment