Tuesday 7 June 2011

A long session only to break even

I played 20-30 MTTs yesterday and broke even. That was a useful way to spend a day away from work! I had some deep runs - notably a 20/1918 on Stars in a $4+$1+$0.40 bounty game plus two Boss final tables. The Stars game was irritating as I lost with both KK vs QQ very late on when all in-pre against Ax and 79. My exit was standard - It folded to my SB and I shipped in 7bb with A3 and BB woke up with AQ.

The Boss final tables were not exciting at all - a 3/95 and a 9/182 I think. The most annoying game was when I bubbled the FT. I was 3/11 and the CL was in the BB. I raise JJ and he flats. The flop brings a jack and two clubs and he ships it in for about 5x pot on a flush draw which got there. That was for the big chip lead as well. Sigh. He had also been a right nob in the chatbox and whenever he busted anyone he would give a smug 'bye bye' or 'ty'. I so wish my hand had held.

Next week I play the UKIPT Newcastle main event. I fly up on Thursday and play Friday. I have two return flights booked and I hope I need to use the latter one of the two.

I'm then thinking of UKIPT Brighton next month - much depends on if I cash in Newcastle and if I am happy with my play there - and then it is the £750 Bristol game in August. The WSOP is running at the mo, so Newcastle might be ever so soften than it would ordinarily be.

No comments:

Post a Comment