Tuesday 14 June 2011

Luckboxing to the max

I didn't FT the final MCOP. I snuck in to the cash though. I lost a blind vs blind flip 8 players from the cash and then just managed to hold on. It helped that I got a walk when I had half my stack invested in the BB. Talking about unusual non-pyhtonesque walks... the other day I was utterly crippled early in a tournament and found myself in the big blind with 27 chips @25/50 and I got a walk. It was a bounty game also. The mind boggles.




I played two other games last night and shipped them both. Neither had big fields and were low stakes, but I was delighted non the less. This hand happened on the final table of the PokerPlayersPlace homegame:




The guys at PPP have a royal flush jackpot as well - amazingly it was hit last week. I only got a few bucks but the money isn't really the point. I continued my luckboxing all the way to the end. The penultimate hand saw me raise Jc9c from the BB. I very rarely raise from the BB without a big hand but I decided I should bung a raise in here to balance things out so when I did get a good hand I wouldnt be met with a limp/fold or raise/fold. The flop came out JxTc8c for top pair and an open ended straight flush draw. I think I got a fourth bet in before she folded out. According to Stove I am 64% against pocket aces in that spot. It felt like I had the stone cold nuts. Then the very next hand I pick up 44. I called her 5 bet shove and she had KK. My logic being that pair vs pair at HU happen only once every 225 times or so, plus I had her 2:1 in chips. Also add in some kind of tilt/aggression after the previous hand, I decided to just go with it and win my flip. Only it wasn't a flip and instead had to rely on binking the turn. She deserved better though and was the best player on the final table.



This evening I am playing the £20 triple chance in Gala with GusMangoFish and LuckyScrote. Hopefully some others will come down. I have a thirst for beer and tomorrow off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment